Mostly reblogging stuff I like. Sometimes making stuff I like.
I tend to ship ladies.
The top OTP is FLight (FFXIII).
Finished the game today. I really like Heather.
imagine hanging out with your OTP
this game won three awards for its writing
I’ve been playing a bunch of the new Tomb Raider game. Lara is made of some very sturdy stuff.
One of the problems with Braille is that it’s typically printed in specialist books aside from the copies created for sighted people, meaning that those with sight difficulties can’t borrow their friends’ books and need to seek out the bookstores and libraries that cater for them. In the past, we’ve seen projects such as Thailand’sMr. Light and Mr. Dark — which uses special typography to enable the blind and non-blind to read the same book. Now the FingerReader initiative from MIT provides visually impaired readers with a wearable ring that can scan written text and read it out loud. READ MORE…
Guys. Science has developed a talking ring that allows the blind to read books.
This is not only amazing, it is the stuff of fairy tales.
10 Tips for Making New Friends
1. Listen to people when they’re talking; show an interest in what they have to say.
2. Make an effort to remember peoples’ names and use them the next time you meet them.
3. Follow up with people you are interested in staying in touch with. Call them up, send them an email or arrange to meet for a coffee or drink.
4. Treat everyone the same – act as if they are the most important person in the world (at least while you are talking to them).
5. Get involved in clubs and activities. Force yourself to go out and be with others.
6. In conversations, stick to safe topics before you know someone well. Don’t be quick to share your political or religious views, or to go on about your pet grievances.
7. Make sure you come across as someone who’s friendly the first time you meet someone new. Greet them warmly, smile, share your name and ask them theirs.
8. Be aware of other peoples’ culture and be sensitive to any potential differences. You don’t want to offend other people – either deliberately or inadvertently. The goal is to be seen as a person who is friendly, respectful and warm.
9. Don’t rush your interactions with people as that sends the message that you’re not interested in them, or what they have to say.
10. Don’t be false – just be your normal self. People would prefer to find out who you are.
Film Genre Meme: horror (1/5)
Mother’s interrupted the course of our journey. She’s programmed to do that should certain conditions arise. They have. It seems that she has… intercepted a transmission of unknown origin. She got us up to check it out.
This is why Rome won so many battles. Enemy spies would wait for them to read battle plans to themselves while mouthing the words; trouble was, they had learned not to!
Spoken language is still processed through the auditory sense and centers. Your brain cannot tell the difference between things you actually hear and things that you have only imagined hearing. Silent reading is imagining the sound of words being spoken. The big question, is what kind of voice do you hear reading the words? (I hear my own voice as it sounded when I was 5.)
^Which is also why if you are close to someone, you often imagine their voices as you read their text messages.